We are officially rolling out details for the Project 680 Underwear Drive. We’d love to partner together to collect 680 care-packages of underwear for homeless students (that adds up to about 3000 pairs of underwear). Please see www.project680.org/underwear-2011 for details about the drive. Here are opportunities for you to get involved. Let us know if anything resonates with you. Thank you so much!!!
Ways to Get Involved:
1) Pick an underwear goal with your family, household, the office, church or a group of friends. Pick a number of underwear that you’d like to collect with a group of people (maybe 5, 10, 25, 50 or 100) and then go for it. There are certainly some creative options for generating donations or even raising money too. We’d love to hear what you’re thinking, so let us know if you’d like. Kids often come up with really good ideas too.
2) We are looking for a dozen or so drop-off locations in the general area. These could be households, businesses, churches or organizations. Being a “drop-off” is a great opportunity to be available for the community and to network. Tell your contacts what you are doing so they can partner with you.
3) Come to our community finale BBQ on May 11, 2011 from 5:00-7:00pm at Rancho Cordova City Hall at 2729 Prospect Park Drive Rancho Cordova CA 95670. Drop off any underwear donations, meet some fellow Project 680 supporters, and enjoy a free hot dog BBQ for the first 100 attendees!!!
4) Make a video to help tell people about the Project 680 Underwear Drive. Tell people what you’re doing, how to get involved, or put a creative idea into motion. Post the video on our Facebook page or email us about it.
5) We are looking for an underwear logo. Any graphic designers out there want to help us make a stellar logo to advertise this drive? We’d like to see a couple “Project 680 supporter” graphics too so locals can put them on blogs and websites.
6) We’ll need some logistical help on May 11, 2011 at our Finale BBQ such as people to BBQ, serve food, set-up, clean-up, count underwear, etc… Anyone have connections to get donated food for the finale BBQ? Or does someone want to seek out businesses to help make this happen? We’ll need 100 hot dogs, buns, condiments, chips and drinks. Or maybe a local business would like to sponsor the food?
7) Other ideas. We definitely welcome your creative ideas. How can we do this together? What’s in your heart? How you can use your talents, passions and abilities for the sake of the undies drive?
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!