We are very pleased to announce that the Project 680 team (all of us) collected 735 hoodies!!! Yes, that’s right!!! Together we made this happen. Our goal of 680 hoodies was blown out of the water by local residents, churches, businesses, and organizations that took part in this tremendous effort. Thank you for your intentional compassion, generosity, and networking for this relevant cause.
The Folsom Cordova Unified School District Liaison for Homeless Services has informed Project 680 of a big need for hooded sweatshirts (otherwise known as “hoodies”) for the homeless students in the FCUSD. Therefore, Project 680 will be holding a hoody drive from September 27-October 27, 2010. Kids like zipper front hoodies (see photo), so that is what we will be collecting. We are asking for NEW (not used) zip-front hoodies in any color or size for kids in grades K-12. Hoodies can be in solid colors or can have graphics, as long as the graphics are school appropriate.
Download a Hoody Drive flyer HERE (pdf).
We know that together we can make a difference in the lives of local homeless students in our community. Not only will new hoodies help keep kids warm during the colder months, but they’ll speak volumes to students about how the community is looking out for them. Please consider getting involved. Thank you so much for your support.
Ways to Get Involved:
1) Pick a hoody goal with your family, household, the office, church or a group of friends. Pick a number of hoodies that you’d like to collect with a group of people (maybe 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, or 50) and then go for it. We’d love to hear what you’re doing too, so let us know if you’d like. Get creative!!!
2) We are looking for a dozen or so drop-off locations in the general area. These could be housholds, businesses, churches or organizations. We’ve found that drop-offs work best when the drop-off location gets the word out about what is going on with the Project 680 drive.
3) Tell all your friends about the hoody drive. Email, post on your blog, share on Facebook, tweet on Twitter…
4) Come to our community celebration on October 27, 2010 from 6:00-7:00pm at Rancho Cordova City Hall at 2729 Prospect Park Drive Rancho Cordova CA 95670. Drop off your hoodies, meet some fellow Project 680 supporters, eat some cake, drink some coffee, and celebrate!!! It’s a remarkable thing when a community decides to take care of local kids like this!!! If you cannot make it between 6-7pm, know we’ll actually be there from 4:30-7:00pm.
5) Have fun with the photography contest. We’d love to see dozens upon dozens of photos submitted. Please note that all winners will have their photos displayed at Rancho Cordova City Hall during our grand celebration. See details below.
NOTE: Checks can be made payable to “Cordova Community Council” with “Project 680″ in the memo section for anyone wanting to make a tax-deductible financial donation.
Body Investment Studio: 10416 Investment Circle, Suite B, Rancho Cordova 95670
Brighton School: 777 Levy Road, Folsom 95630
Bueno-Williams household: 4257 Emmons Circle Mather 95655
Callen Pool Supply: 10363 Folsom Blvd Rancho Cordova 95670
Cordova Neighborhood Church: 10600 Coloma Road, Rancho Cordova 95670
Gossard Household: 11121 Crooken River Ct. Rancho Cordova 95670
Heritage Community Credit Union: 10339 Folsom Blvd., Suite A Rancho Cordova 95670
Koban Chiropractic: 10901 Folsom Blvd Suite C Rancho Cordova 95670
Lyons Orthodontics: 7916 Pebble Beach Dr. Ste 105 Citrus Hts 95610
Lyons Orthodontics: 4420 Town Center Blvd. Ste. 200 El Dorado Hills 95762
Rancho Cordova City Hall: 2729 Prospect Park Drive Rancho Cordova 95670
RC Neighborhood Center: 10665 Coloma Road, Suite 100 Rancho Cordova 95670
Zak Ford household: 4252 Mustic Way Mather CA 95655
Photo Contest: The Rancho Cordova Post is hosting images for our photo contest, which will go from September 10 to October 25, 2010. Each person can submit up to six photos during the contest. You must include “Project 680 Hoody Drive” or “project680.org” somewhere in the photo. When you take a photo (or groups of photos), email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get them online for you. Maybe you could make a sign, hold a piece of paper, write on your skin, or get a tattoo (uh, hopefully not). Be creative and show your support for P680. There are six photo categories, which include: neighborhood, kids, pets, creative, work and wackiest photo. The “kids” category is really designed for kids to actually take the photo too!!!
Judges will select winners from each category to have their photos displayed at Rancho Cordova City Hall on October 27, 2010 from 6:00-7:00pm at our celebration party. And of course we’ll buy you a hot chocolate too because all winners should drink hot cocoa. We welcome people of all ages and locations to enter the contest and show your support for the Hoody Drive.
Visit www.ranchocordovapost.com/project680 to view all photo entries.
Spread the word and let your family and friends know about the contest too. Let’s get people involved because together we can do something about student homelessness. Please see www.project680.org/hoody for details and let us know if you have any questions. Good luck!!!
Download a Hoody Drive flyer HERE (pdf). Thank you for your support!!!
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love” Mother Theresa