We’re so excited to announce the tally of donations for the Project 680 Shoe Drive, but before we do that tomorrow we wanted to say thank you to everyone who played a role in this effort.
First of all, residents in Rancho Cordova, Folsom, and outlying areas have been the backbone for projects we have done in the past, and certainly this was the case for the Shoe Drive. Thank you local residents for caring about students in the FCUSD and responding in such a practical way - especially in this economy. We know who many of you are because you wrote a check with your name on it, but for others who told a friend, donated anonymously, linked to us from your website, encouraged us, networked on Facebook, went on the community bike ride, prayed, or found some other creative way to show support, we thank you.
Thank you to Project 680 All-Star Volunteers!!!
In no particular order, we’d like to acknowledge the following volunteers for really stepping up to the plate to help make things happen. Photo by JoAnna Bueno-Williams.
Jen & Brandon Tartaglia
Butch & Bonnie Penrose
Thank you to Bottlecap Magnets for your Partnership!!!
We want to give an enormous thank-you to www.BottlecapMagnets.com. Not only did Bottlecap Magnets partner with us to offer handmade and original Project 680 bottlecap magnets, but they also gave major design support by creating graphics for the community bike ride, shoe drive, and even large fake checks to present to Payless Shoe Source. Additionally, they helped us polish up the Shoe Drive flyer. There were truly many hours of donated design time and we are extremely grateful. The support and patnership we received from Bottlecap Magnets truly made our Shoe Drive better.
Thank you to the Project 680 Shoe Drive Sponsors!!!
- Folsom Cordova Community Partnership is a regular supporter of some of the programs of the Folsom Cordova District Liaison for Homeless Services. We asked FCCP if they would accept checks on behalf of the shoe drive, and they agreed. This was an enormous blessing for us.
- The Soroptimist Organization of Rancho Cordova is a growing group of women who are committed to our community and we appreciate the generous financial donations from so many members.
- The Rancho Cordova Post provided orange juice on the morning of the bike ride, and they also covered the evolution of the shoe drive from the planning stages to the finish. We appreciate the articles they wrote over the past few months.
- Bicycling Advocates for Rancho Cordova (BARC) got word out about the community bike ride to their members as well as others in the bicycling community. We appreciate the safety tips they gave on the morning of our bike ride too.
- Let’s not forget the free coffee that Starbucks at Capital Village in Rancho Cordova provided us on the morning of our bike ride. It was a very nice touch to enjoy some freshly brewed coffee (in festive red holiday cups too). Please thank Corey and Megan in person when you see their barista skills in action (and tip ‘em too).
- New Horizons Christian Church was a very strong partner for the Shoe Drive. Their church members enthusiastically embraced this cause and together they raised $807.00. They even hosted a community BBQ as a way to raise funds and awareness.
- Lundquist Appraisal Company offered web support and definitely time away from business for Ryan to do some Project 680 stuff.
- Rancho Cordova City Hall Employees came up big again for Project 680. They have a heart for the community and we appreciate the donations, bottlecap magnet purchases, link from your website, encouragement, and for coming on the community bike ride. It goes without saying too that Shannan was an excellent Project 680 Liaison at City Hall.
- We appreciate both Rancho Cordova Councilmember David Sander and Rancho Cordova Vice-Mayor Ken Cooley for supporting this project and for pedaling with us on the community bike ride.
- We already mentioned www.BottlecapMagnets.com above, but we figured another mention in the sponsor section here was truly warranted because of all their support.
- Gold River Carpets & Floors gave us space to meet on September 22 for our initial planning meeting. It was at this meeting where vision took shape and a Shoe Drive / Bike Ride was born.
- We sincerely appreciate efforts made by Cordova Neighborhood Church and Cordova Church of Christ in terms of donations, involving their congregations, and making announcements. Thank you for your heart for the community. It was really nice to have Pastor Mike & Robin Mitchum and Pastor Larry & Cynthia Stafford join our community bike ride.
- The Volunteer Center of Sacramento was a huge asset for us because they help connect volunteers with local causes. As soon as we were listed on their website we began getting emails from people who wanted to get involved. We know of at least two volunteers who came to our bike ride solely because they found us through the Volunteer Center of Sacramento.
- Amy and Carolyn from Hubbert Systems did some sort of neighborhood Halloween party where they raised some money. We love their creativity and willingness to make a difference.
- We’d like to mention the Rancho Cordova Chamber of Commerce here also because they raised $1,000 for the shoe drive. Their donation won’t be tallied in our final total because we were really separate groups working under the umbrella of the same cause, but we absolutely feel like partners to support the District Liaison’s yearly shoe drive. Way to go Chamber!!!
On a personal note, I want to thank my wife Jenny for the grace that emanates from her life. She is a shining example of a supportive wife and partner, and I appreciate her continual encouragement and allowance for me to do some of the things I feel called to do. I also wish to thank my parents, brother and sister-in-law, grandmother, and sister/brother-in-law for their tangible support during the Shoe Drive.
The whole point of our efforts over the past two months was to put shoes on kids that need them. Because of our teamwork that is going to happen in even larger numbers than we had hoped for. Thank you for your generosity. Together we have made a difference. It’s time to celebrate a tremendous community team effort.
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love” Mother Theresa
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!